Damai strives to bring the disabled back into the society and don’t want them to be seen as a burden to anyone including their own families.
Damai was established in 1998 with the main objective of reaching out to the disabled people and to help them to be independent.
Our primary objective is to educate people on the importance of living independently. We hope to unite disable people, be it urban or rural to realize our aim of creating an independent disable community, which will be on par with the rest of society.
Apart from this, we have been actively involved in advocating disabled persons right at National level by collaborating with other NGO’s. Damai has made remarkable changes i.e to pressure Rapidkl company to buy 100 buses, AirAsia to purchase two ambulift, Ministry of Transport to draft transport plan which includes facilities for disables and recently by highlighting to the media forgotten Uniform Building By Law to Ministry of Housing and Bank Negara.
Damai’s struggle is to enhance the relevant authorities and public’s understanding at large on the need to reform structural, social, educational and other spheres of life of the disabled community in this country.
What We Stand for :
- To equipped Disabled Persons with the necessary skills to live independently;
- To advocate the fundamental rights of the disabled people;
- To provide a conducive environment for disabled people to share their ideas;
- To create awareness on disabilities;
- To uphold and protect the rights of each disabled individual whom approached us
- WE DO WHEELCHAIR REPAIRING
- HELP OUT WITH THE EPC ALLOWANCE
- GUIDE THEM – FOR DRIVING LICENCE
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER FOR BUSINESS APPLICATION
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- REGISTER THEM WITH WELFARE DEPARTMENT
- TO HELP WITH SOCSO INFORMATION